Chilli devilled chicken recipe. Mmm, yummy. It is spicy and juicy. Let’s prepare Sri Lankan style chili devilled chicken. This is a popular dish and never miss with Sri Lankan Fried rice. Moreover, can serve it with cooked rice, noodles. Like other Asian dishes, this one also a bit spicy, but you can cook it as per your taste.
Since these are bit spicy foods, you can use a slice of cucumber or yogurt dip to cool down in your mouth. I recommended using a chicken drumstick or boneless chicken. In this recipe, I use a shallow fry technique, it’s healthier than deep fry. Apart from that, we use Ginger, Garlic which can give more health benefits. Therefore, this is a healthy chicken stir fry recipe.
Sri Lankan Chili Devilled Chicken Recipe
- Deep Non Stick Pan
- Cooking pot
- Two Plate
- Cooking Spoon
- Cutting board
- Mixing Bowls
- Tongs (Optinal)
- 1 KG Chicken - Drumstick or boneless
- 200 Gram Big Onion
- 250 Gram Tomato
- 150 Gram Capsicum
- 3 Teaspoon Garlic paste - Chopped garlic
- 2 Teaspoon Ginger Paste - Chopped Ginger
- 4 Nos Green Chilies
- 2 Tablespoons Pepper Powder
- 4 Tablespoons Tomato or chili Sauce
- 1½ Tablespoons Corn flour
- 2 Tablespoons Red Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 5 Tablespoons Chili Flakes, - Use for sause
- 100 ml Coconut oil
- ½ Tablespoons Salt - or based on your preference
Prepare Chicken and other vegetable ingredients.
- Cut the chicken into pieces. If you use drumstick no need to cut them.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with red chili powder, pepper powder (use only one tablespoon), turmeric powder, and salt for 15 minutes.
- Cut onion into strips or ring shape and Capsicum into ½ inch ring shape.
- Blend ginger and garlic and keep them separately.
- Get the cooking pot and put the chicken pieces, one and a half (1½) cup of water and close the lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the chicken with a cooking spoon. Put the chicken stock water into a mixing bowl. We need it to prepare the devilled chicken sauce.
- Add 90ml coconut oil to a nonstick pan. When the oil heated enough, add chicken pieces. Shallow fry chicken until they turn to a golden brown. Using a spoon or tong remove the fried chicken to the plate.
- Mix cornflour, soya sauce, chili flask, sault, tomato or chili sauce, sugar, and one tablespoon pepper.
- Add 10ml coconut oil to a nonstick pan. When the oil heated add garlic paste and when it turns to a golden brown add green chili, capsicum, ginger, and wait for 2 minutes.
- Mix chicken stock with the previously prepared cornflour mixture.
- Add above step prepared sauce, tomato piece, and fry chicken and wait for 2 minutes.
- Add devilled chicken to plate and garnish with coriander.