Everyone loves ice cream. In this post, I’m going to show you how to make homemade ice cream with easily collectible ingredients for your dessert.
I’m not going to use any food preservation. So it’s healthier and you can give it to your kids. In this method, I use cornstarch as a thickener. If you don’t like to use cornstarch or cornflour you can use my other pure fresh milk-based recipe.
Unlike my previous recipe, in this method, we can get a higher portion of ice cream by proper beating. In these ingredients portions, I can get 1 L of vanilla ice cream.
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Mixing Bowl
- Two Cups
- Mixing Spoon
- Cooking pot
- 250 ml Fresh Milk
- 100 gram Suger
- 1 Tablespoon Cornflour or Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Gelatin
- 7 Tablespoon Flavoured Condensed Milk - As per the taste.
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Essence/Extract
- ⅕ Teaspoon Foods Colors - Egg Yellow - Optional
- 1¼ cup Hot Water
- ¼ cup Normal Water
- Mix the Condensed milk with one cup of hot water.
- Mix the cornflour/cornstarch with 1/4 cup of normal water.
- Mix the gelatine with 1/4 cup of hot water.
Preparing Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Add fresh milk and sugar to the cooking pot and mix them.
- Heat the fresh milk and sugar mixture at low heat, but don't boil the milk.
- When the sugar mixed with milk, add a condensed milk mixture, and mix it.
- Next, add the cornflour/cornstarch mixture.
- Add vanilla extract and food color if you need.
- Turn off the gas and keep mixing it with a mixing spoon.
- Add gelatine mixture.
- Now add the liquid ice cream mixture to a large container. (When you are beating, it creates huge milk foam, so get a deep container)
- Beat the milk mixture using a beater at high speed, around 15-20 minutes.
- Put the ice cream mixture to the refrigerator at the maximum level. (Deep Freezer)
- After 2 hours, get your homemade ice cream mixture out of the refrigerator and beat it 10 minutes at a high speed. Repeat this step 3 times.
Hi, My name is Chathuranga. Cooking has always been my passion. This blog I share my cooking recipe ideas.
Like!! The recipe has truly peaked my interest.