Tea is an instant beverage. If you are looking for a quick iced tea recipe that can prepare less than 15 minutes, this is it. We can make it in various flavors. In summer, this is the best-chilled beverage. You can garnish it with sliced lemons and ice cubes.
This Iced Tea recipe can use a different type of flavored. Like Peach mint, cinnamon, lemon, vanilla, or lime. This kind of method more creative than market ice tea mixes. Usually, it serves with ice cubes and sweetens with sugar, and garnish with a piece of a lemon slice and mint leaves.
Personally, I recommend peach flavored blacked tea. It’s tastier and gives a fresh aroma. Although, you can try different tastes as per your choice.
Tea has a long history and in earlier days it serves as a hot beverage, as per Wikipedia ice tea originated in the 1860s.
Few questions regarding Iced Tea beverage are,
- Is there caffeine in this drink?
Yes, but its caffeine level depends on which type of tea use. If you use black tea it has a higher caffeine level than green tea. But if you use green tea (not a popular serving option) it has very fewer caffeine levels.
- What are the methods that make iced tea?
Mainly there are two methods. The first method is using hot boiled water and mixes with cold water. The second method uses only chilled water.
- Can use only tea sachets bags?
No, you can use tea sachets bags or loose tea. There is no difference.
- Which types of tea can use?
You can use either black tea or green tea. It depends on your taste. But black tea is a popular serving option.
How To Make Homemade Iced Tea - Method One
- Heatproof pitcher
- 500ml Water Bottle
- 1 Nos Teabags - or 1 teaspoon tea powder
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 500 ml Chilled Water
- 1 Cup Boiled Water
- Get 1 cup of boiled water and put it into the heatproof pitcher with 1 tea bag.
- Put a tea bag in the heatproof pitcher and keep it for 5 minutes.
- Make the sugar syrup. Get a 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of sugar and well mix and boil it. Keep it cool at room temperature.
- Now get the 500ml cold water.
- Then mixed the cold water with the tea as per your taste. If you have a shaker, use it to properly mix cold water with the tea.
- Now add sugar syrup and served.
Homemade Iced Tea Recipe - Method Two
- 500ml Water Bottle
- 1 Nos Teabag - For every 500ml need 1 teabag
- 500 ml Water
- ½ cup Sugar - White sugar
- ½ cup Water - Room temperature water
- Get a 500ml water and put into a pitcher with one teabag. (For every 500ml need a 1 teabag). Keep it around 6 hours in the refrigerator to properly mix with the water.
- Now, make the sugar syrup. Get a 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of sugar and well mix and boil it. Then keep the sugar syrup in the refrigerator around 6 hours.
- Now add previously prepared tea into the cups and add sugar syrup as per your taste.
Hi, My name is Chathuranga. Cooking has always been my passion. This blog I share my cooking recipe ideas.