Homemade dinner rolls are a simple main dish for your family. You can easily prepare soft bread rolls within 30 minutes. This homemade dinner rolls recipe needs only 7 cheap ingredients.
When you are using milk and water always use mid warm water. It is an essential requirement for yeast activity. The optimum temperature for yeast activity is 38C/100F. If your yeast not foaming main reason for using high-temperature liquid or it may be expired. So you have to pay attention to that.
To make fluffy and soft dinner rolls, you have to make your dough should be more soft and elastic, and stretchy. Kneading helps to make soft bread rolls.
Sesame Seed Soft Dinner Bread Rolls Recipe
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour - 250g
- 2 teaspoon Yeast
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Warm whole milk
- 1 Nos Egg
- 3 Tablespoon Melted Butter or Margarine
- 10 gram Sesame seed - optional
- Get medium heat milk and add yeast powder and 1/2 of sugar. Well, mix using a spoon. Let it form for a few minutes make its yeast form.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and remain sugar, salt.
- Add the yeast mixture, egg, and melted butter/margarine to the flour mixture. Then mix everything together using a spoon.
- Add a few dry flours to a clean surface. We use this surface for kneading the dough.
- Put the dough on a clean surface. Kneading the dough by hand. In this stage, it is a little bit sticky. Keep kneading it for around 4-5 minutes. More you can knead it make softer. After a few minutes, its stickiness will remove
- Add 1 teaspoon full of water to make it softer. Then again knead it for 5 minutes.
- Take a large bowl and lightly apply oil and place the prepared dinner roll dough in it. Close the top of the bowl using any lid and let it make the size double at room temperature. It will take around 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into equal portions. Approximately 40-50 g each.
- Flatten each of the dough on a flat surface and gather the edge of the flat dough toward the center and make a dough ball.
- Apply a butter layer inside the baking tray including the sides. If you have a non-stick tray you don't need to do it.
- Then place a paper-line baking sheet and place all the prepared dough balls into a baking tray with a small space. Keep it around 45 miniutes.
- Preheat the oven at 356 ˚F (180 ˚C)
- To make the dinner rolls top more colorful apply egg and milk mixture. Beat 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of milk in a small bowl. Using a small brush apply each bread rolls.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds at the top of the dinner rolls.
- Make the rolls for 20-30 minutes until its top turn to brown color.
Can I use bread flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can. For this recipe, I used all-purpose flour. Because it is easy to find any supermarkets. When using bread flour, you can make more softened bread rolls.
Why dinner rolls dough is too sticky?
After 5 minutes of kneading still your dough too sticky, add a few more flours. The reason for too sticky dinner roll dough is it uses less flour or added too much whole milk.
Why the dinner bread rolls dough too tough?
The main reason for your dinner rolls dough is too much touch is you added too much flour or you may add little milk. The main problem is you may use different measurements.
Hi, My name is Chathuranga. Cooking has always been my passion. This blog I share my cooking recipe ideas.