Everyone likes to eat coconut milk fish curry. There are many ways to cook. In today’s recipe, I’m going to guide you on, how to cook mullet fish curry. This easy recipe is spicier because I use Asian spices, apart from that I use coconut milk, which gives thick creamy fish gravy.
Moreover, it has a good aroma, which makes you hungry. Mullets or grey mullets fish are found worldwide in tropical seawater. You can apply this recipe to cook any kind of fish.
With rich of Asian spices, it makes this curry more colorful. Without further ado, let’s jump into the delicious easy fish curry. You can serve this dish with rice, noodles, string hoppers in your lunch or dinner.
Coconut Milk Mullet Fish Curry
- Cooking pot
- Cooking Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- 500 Gram Mullet Fish
- 1 Teaspoon Black Mustard Seeds
- 50 Gram Shallots sliced
- 3 Nos Green Chili
- 3 Nos Cut Dry Chili
- 2 Teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 3 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Roasted Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1½ Tablespoon Tamarind or Dry Garcinia Cambogia Paste - As per taste
- 2 Inch Cinnamon stick - broken into half
- Curry leaves - A Spring
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Nos Yellow capsicum sliced
- Clean the fish and remove blood, guts, innards and fish scales.
- Cut off the head and remove the dorsal fin.
- Rinse the fish off both inside and out.
- Cut the fish into big chunks.
Cooking Fish Curry.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of chili powder and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder with water and make a spicy paste.
- Marinate fish chunk with chili and turmeric paste.
- Heat the cooking pot and add coconut oil.
- Once the oil heats up, add black mustard seeds, garlic, ginger, and curry leaves.
- When the garlic turns golden brown add the cut yellow capsicum slice and shallots sliced.
- Once everything fried, add chili flakes, roasted chili, cinnamon sticks.
- Add remaining chili and turmeric paste and one cup of water.
- When the spice paste heats up, add fish cubes and enough water. Water should cover the fish.
- Add salt and tamarind or dry garcinia Cambogia paste.
- Wait around 10 minutes. When the curry reduces to thicker add coconut milk.
- Don't let the coconut curry boil, using a spoon keep mix it.
- When the curry thicker, turns off the heat and serve.
Hi, My name is Chathuranga. Cooking has always been my passion. This blog I share my cooking recipe ideas.