Chili Paste is a spicy condiment made using dried red chili flakes with few extra ingredients. For spicy foods lover, this is a must condiment. We can see that most of the Asian countries like Korean, Chinese, Thai, Indonesian, or Malaysian have their own unique chili paste recipes.
This is a must-have condiment for noodles, fried rice, or even rice and curry. Moreover, you can use to spice up the cracker biscuits. We can use small dry shrimp to enhance the taste. Moreover, you can use chili paste with garlic, cinnamon, ginger, onion, cardamom to enhance the aroma.
In this recipe, we use soya sauce to make it juicy. In this guide, I use more shrimp and fewer chili flakes. Its ratio is 2:1, which means 1 chili flake portion you have to use two times shrimp. Adding more onion also makes it tasty, although I used less. If you are searching for how to make chili garlic paste or red chili paste this is the recipe that you need.
We use sugar to make it less spicy and sweet, so anyone in your family can use it including your kids. It can prepare as a spicy and sweet taste condiment. You can prepare it without sugar to make it more healthy. You can use it as per your preference. To make it more aromatic you can use cardamom.
For serving ideas, add one teaspoon of this hot and spicy condiments to your main dish. Apart from that, you can serve it with several teaspoons with cracker biscuits in your evening tea-time to make it more memorable.
Chili Paste With Shrimp and Red Chilli With Garlic
- Cooking pot
- Cooking Spoon
- Cutting board
- 200 Gram Small Dry Shrimp
- 100 Gram Dry Chili Flakes
- ½ Cup Soya Surce
- 6 Tablespoon Coconut Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 3 Tablespoon Garlic Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Paste
- 50 Gram Onion
- ½ Teaspoon Chopped Cinnamon
- 2 Nos Chopped Clove
- 4 Tablespoon Sugar - As per your preference to reduce spicy.
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Few Curry leaves - Few
- Add oil to the cooking pot and heat the oil.
- Cut curry leaves into small pieces.
- Add cut onion and fry it until it turns to gold colour. Then add garlic, ginger paste, curry leaves and fry them.
- Next, add dry shrimp to oil and stir fry and keep mix it.
- Add chili flakes to the cooking pot and mix it.
- Next add sugar and salt and keep mix it.
- Finally, add the soya sauce. It makes this chili paste juicy.
Hi, My name is Chathuranga. Cooking has always been my passion. This blog I share my cooking recipe ideas.
This recipe was amazing. These shrimp are too tiny. Can I use larger ones?