The black chicken curry recipe is an easy curry dish that can serve for lunch or dinner. It can serve with rice, noodles, or string hoppers. First, we stir fry the pieces of chicken and mix the various Asian spices to make this disk more spicy and colorful. Normally it can prepare less than 40 minutes.
We use roasted chili powder and black pepper to get the dark spicy color. Roasted chili powder not spicier than ordinary chili powder. For this recipe, I use cooking oil with butter. You can use margarine too.
I use lemongrass to get a fresh aroma if you can’t easily find it just ignore it. When I’m cooking this black chicken curry, I used medium heat.
Instead of the cooking oil, this chicken curry recipe uses butter or margarine. It makes the gravy more buttery.
To make the gravy thicker, you can use dice onion and tomatoes. Also, it makes the curry tastier.
Spicy Stir Fry Black Chicken Curry Recipe
- Cooking pot
- Cooking Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Chopping Board
- 500 gram Chicken
- 75 gram Butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoon Roasted chili powder
- 2 teaspoon Chili powder - as per your taste
- 2 teaspoon Black pepper - as per your taste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1½ teaspoon Salt - As per your tastes
- 1½ teaspoon Curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon Chopped cinnamon
- 5 tablespoon Onion pieces - Cut the onion into the smallest pieces.
- Cut the chicken into 1-2 inches.
- Mix chili powder, black pepper, salt, turmeric powder with chicken pieces.
- Marinate the chicken for around 30 minutes.
- Add 25g of butter/margarine to the cooking pot and wait until it meltdown (use low heat).
- Fry the garlic, ginger, cinnamon and Cardamom, and onion. Fry them until turn golden brown color.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces to the cooking pot and stir fry.
- When the chicken pieces turn into a golden brown color add 3 cups of water.
- When the water boiling adds the remaining butter/margarine.
- Finally, add the roasted chili powder. It will make the curry redder, but not too spicy.
- Close the cooking pot with a lid and let it cook at medium heat for around 30 minutes.
- When the spicy black chicken curry gravy getting thick, turn off the gas.
Can I free this curry?
Yes, you can freeze it to keep it for several days. Before serving, you have to reheat.
How to reheat Butter Spicy Stir Fry Chicken Curry.
Add the chicken pieces and gravy into a cooking pot and reheat it at a medium temperature. Do not let the gravy to dry.
Hi, My name is Chathuranga. Cooking has always been my passion. This blog I share my cooking recipe ideas.